Besides purchasing your CNY goodies , why not try to make them yourself? This is the recipe of one of CNY’s popular pastries we have for you and definitely easy to make it yourself!
- 200g Butter
- 45g icing sugar, sifted
- 50g plain flour
- 100g wheat flour (or Top flour)
- 50g corn flour
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Beat butter at low speed and gradually add in the sifted icing sugar, beat till pale and fluffy and add a pinch of salt. It is best advisable to use Golden Churn unsalted butter or the tinned Golden Churn butter to achieve the melt-in-your-mouth sensation.
- Mix Top flour, plain flour and corn flour together in a bowl.
- Sift the mixed flour together twice at least.
- Fold the ingredients together with a spatula until it is well incorporated. Bear in mind that you do not beat or over mix it.
- Wrap the dough in a cling wrap and chill it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- When the dough is softened, put the dough into a piping bag with a nozzle.
- Line baking paper over a baking tray and pipe the dough onto the tray. Leave a substantial gap of about 1 cm in between the cookies as they will expand a little during baking.
- Bake till cookies turn light golden brown.
- Leave the cookies to cool on a cooling rack before storing them in your container.
And there you have it! It’s that simple and yet extremely delicious! Hope you enjoyed reading and all the best in baking!